Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day: The day I celebrate being a mom



This year I am excited for Mother's Day! I learned a long time ago that this Hallmark card-created day can be difficult for some for a variety of reasons.  For me, the real gift is each day that I get to spend with my family and be a mom. Today I celebrate being a mom.




It’s the hugs that come out of nowhere, the “I love our family” that comes from my son, the guitar or ukelele playing downstairs that puts me to sleep at night, or the drums that I can actually take a nap to. It's the 110% effort I get to see my kids put in to a soccer match or a track meet. It's the "Mom, I have a 'mom question' for you" and the daughter that takes care of me when I'm sick. It's the husband thanking me for being the glue that holds the family together. 

This year I get to go to be with my sister and my mom who are both amazing women. We get to eat Chinese which means no cooking and no dishes!  We are making it a good day! We get to celebrate being moms.  And as teenagers, both of my kids have figured out that getting me even a small gift, a hug and a "Happy Mother's Day" goes a long way. And a shout out on social media, oh my stars!


Mother's Day is every day to me. I talk to my mom almost every day and I am grateful that I get to be a mom every day. Making it a great 'holiday' is all up to me. It's a choice that I can make. I can't rely on others or create high expecations.  I am grateful that God has given me these two great kids to raise and be a part of my life forever. I will always be their mom. I know they love me Every.Single.Day.






No comments:

Post a Comment